sydney's sidewalk drawing...elijah, sydney, daddy, mommy, kezia

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Birthday Party Planning

Sydney turns 3 on Aug. 10th and Elijah turns 1 on Aug. 25th.  Since they are little and don't have much of an opinion on the matter, we are have a double birthday party.  Sydney is still in love with Wall-E and and Elijah, well, likes whatever...so they are having a robot themed birthday party.  It should be lots of fun.  At first I was just planning on inviting family and grilling out, but now I've invited a few families and we could have up to 16 kids ages 1-8 if everyone can come!  I know, I am crazy.
I've got some super awesome ideas for activity/games for the kids and can't wait for everyone to come and enjoy themselves.  I've got "robot" names for the kids (ie. instead of Andrew, Android....or instead of Paul, Paultron...simple changes like that), super cool robot acronyms for Sydney, Elijah and special relatives (I can't reveal those yet, because I want them to be a surprize).  The kids will get to make a robot costume with their robot names on it and fun buttons.  They also will make a neat little robot picture holder out of oversized clothespins. 
I'm making Sydney's present now.  It is inspired by the Wall-E fabric above.  I found this a few months back at a fabric store and just had to buy it.  I thought maybe I'd make a little pillow case out if it (it is a real small piece, that last in the store).  Then I thought I would make a simple blanekt with this fabric in the center.  Then I must have had too much mellow yellow or been up really late at night when your rational mind is sleeping, because I decided to make a twin size quilt with a large Wall-E and EVE robot embellished in the center.  Yeah, total insanity.
I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment