sydney's sidewalk drawing...elijah, sydney, daddy, mommy, kezia

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

tag, it's your turn to not sleep

that seems to be the game the kids are playing lately.  which usually means that I also don't get to sleep either.

Elijah, a.k.a. Mr. 5am, has seemingly returned to almost normal.  He has been sleeping til at least 6:30, sometimes  7:30...*sigh* those are glorious mornings.

Of course, this means someone must take up the slack of keeping mommy and daddy tired, and this task has been dutifully taken up by Sydney.  We had a bad storm about a week or so ago (tornado warnings and everything) and we had to camp out in the basement for about a half hour...Sydney had a death grip on our little flashlight the whole time.  All that night and for the next few nights, we had really bad wind gusts that made all our windows really rattle.  Her bed, while next to the radiator for heat, is also located right under a window.  So, she came into our room a few times each night and one night I just let her camp out with her blankets on our floor.  This event has lead to an amazing amount of distain for her own room.

Every night, when it is bedtime, she insists on sleeping in mommy's room.  "I no go Sydney's room, I go mommy's room."  Last night she was up til 11pm.  She kept coming out of her room and sneaking downstairs where Wayne and I were trying to watch a movie and just enjoy some mommy and daddy time alone.  Tonight, we've spent over an hour sitting next to her bed just watching her try to fall asleep.  It is Wayne's turn right now cuz mommy was going to lose her mind. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Mr. 5am and Miss I-no-sleep-in-my-room-ever-again do not do their little tricks at the same time, but it be nice if everyone took a break at the same time. 

so, in honor of "sleep"....here is a little video I put together about a year and a half ago...another time when Sleep was very far away.


No comments:

Post a Comment