sydney's sidewalk drawing...elijah, sydney, daddy, mommy, kezia

Saturday, July 30, 2011

can I just say...

how much I hate the phrase:

Just do what makes you happy/feel good!

It is such a worldly philosophy and I cannot stand it.

Cuz, really, if I did what made me happy...there would never be any clean laundry, the dishes would be in huge piles in the kitchen (or more likely, all over the house), the kids would be little monsters cuz I would not take the time to discipline and guide them, I'd go shopping everyday and actually buy stuff (lots of stuff), and I would watch HGTV (if we had cable) all.day.long.
I'm just saying.

honestly, why do we think just doing what makes us happy is a good idea?

How about doing what makes God happy?  It may not always be easy (especially at first), but I really believe we get true happiness, joy and peace out of living a life that pleases God...not just ourselves.



some verses to mull over:

Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.


Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

 
Ephesians 2:10
For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment