sydney's sidewalk drawing...elijah, sydney, daddy, mommy, kezia

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

doctor's appointment tomorrow, ultrasound friday

I am really excited about the ultrasound on Friday. We are having yet another ultrasound to monitor the size of the baby. Since Sydney was a little large (8lbs 13 oz) and Wayne was huge (almost 11 lbs.), we really want to make sure the baby does not aproach Guinness(book of world records) status.


A previous ultrasound at 34 weeks showed the baby at 7 lbs 15 oz already!!!

For those who do not know:


  • average baby at birth 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 lbs

  • full-term pregnancy is considered 40 weeks

  • a baby gains half a pound a week starting at the 34th week

Therefore, if the ultrasound was correct, at 40 weeks we may be looking at a 11 pound baby. (all the moms out there are going ouch!)


My doctor doesn't want me to push anything bigger than 9 pounds (due to family history etc.). So, if the baby followed the usual growth curve, we will most likely schedule a c-section sometime around Aug. 26ish.


-I remember posting during my pregnancy with Sydney about how I hummed the Baby Beluga song everytime I thought of the potential size of her. Well, now that song haunts me!!! :)


(oh, come on...you know...the baby beluga song......by raffi......it's a kids classic! just cuz i listened to raffi as a kid doesn't mean...well i guess you missed out!)

:)


1 comment:

  1. Oh dear Naomi-

    See...that's why you don't make beluga jokes,LOL

    Wow, I really wish you the best with this pregnancy....I can't imagine an 11lb baby....Trinity was only 5lbs 15oz - very small, yet I had to have a c-section.

    Speaking of C-sections, it's not that bad, so if you're having scary thoughts, don't worry about it. I know it's easier said than done, but if I had to do it again, I so would!! The worst part is getting up the next day to walk...the incision area burns and pulls a bit but once get get past that first walk, smooth sailing. Within a few days I was up and around as though nothing had happened! So hang in there, you'll be okay!!

    Post pics of you baby bump!!

    Love you lots...
    Your goofy - (mara)
    P.S. I LOVE Sydney's veggie tails version, it's much cutier than the original!!

    ReplyDelete